It is imperative that you use a sunscreen with a SPF of at least 30 after the initial 24 hours and avoid direct sunlight, ie no sunbathing for at least 1 month. Clients with hypersensitivity to the sun should take extra precautions to guard against exposure.
Following your microneedling session your skin may stay red for the rest of the day. The redness will reduce over the next couple of days. Keeping the sin hydrated will help further reduce the redness.
Please avoid strenuous exercise until all redness and inflammation has dissipated, it is advised that you avoid for at least 48 hrs.
You may have some peeling or flaky skin for a few days ….. DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN! Instead use the enzyme serum provided in your aftercare pack. Apply the whole sachet to dry skin and massage in and this will lift any flaking.
Post Treatment – avoid these for the first two days:
- Direct sun exposure. No SPF to be used in the initial 24 hour period.
- Intensive cardio, exercise or gym workouts
- Excessively hot showers, baths, spas or saunas
- Microdermabrasion, laser, intense pulsed light (IPL), chemical peels, botox and fillers
- Spray tans or self tanning
- Swimming in chlorinated pools or the sea
Post Treatment – avoid these skin care products for the first week:
- Chemical Peels – including glycolic, lactic, Mandelic and salicylic
- Benzoyl peroxide (can be found in acne creams)
- Retinoids including tretinoin, retinol and retinaldehyde – Retinol-A
- High levels of Kojic or azelaic acid
- Alcohol (not the drinking sort!). Alcohol in products as it can dry the skin out.